• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing/Resetting font data from InDesign XMP Metadata

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We utilize archives of thousands of layouts to genereate knock-offs. Over time, the XMP metadata stored in our .indd files contains lists of fonts that are no longer used in the documents. This is a problem, as our font manager tool reads the outdated info and attempts (often fails for good reason) to activate the unused fonts.

How can I force InDesign to rebuild the fonts data inside the XMP metadata to use only fonts currenlty present in the layout?

This would essentaily be like creating a new identically-sized layout, then copy/paste all pages from the 'old' file into the new, then saving the new layout for the first time. But this for thousands of files? Plus, we loose the revision history on these files which can be helpful.

I've tried exporting the metadata, removing all font information, and re-importing to replace metadata and it just doesn't seem to work (may be my user error, but gee I've hammered at it a lot with no success.)

Ideas? Thx!

Idea 1

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?