Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering issues InDesign 17.3

Contributor ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Does anyone else have issues with dispaly rendering in 17.3? I have a high spec machine (Win 10) but I get phantom lines and incorrect text rendering at times.

I have UI sizing set to small which is reported to fix some people's issues, but not mine.

Problem is bearable, but annoying. Just need to scroll the screen to refresh and it goes away for a while.

I have read reports of this in the latest version, Adobe support wants to access my machine remotely to resolve, sometnig I never allow for security reasons. I am competent enough to do anything they would do or ask, but that is apparently not allowed. 

Regards,

Steve  

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Does toggling GPU performance in Preferences change anything?
Does changing the UI scaling affect it in anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe checks subscription payments but doesn't access your machine otherwise.

A screen shot might help us see the issue, presumably you've tried resetting the preferences?
Do you have a third party app installed, such as a font manager, they have known to cause issues. Also unticking the GPU processor in preferences is worth trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek, I am on a Windows machine, so no GPU processor box. I don't have a third party app installed. I will try resetting preferences, although others have reported the same issue and resetting preferences did not resolve it.

Adobe can check my subscrition via my account, they would have no need to access my machine. That is a major security issue.

Here is a screen shot. Lokk at the secong line in the second paragraph. The tops of the text are cut off. If I scroll the screen, it reverts to normal.

Screen dump #6 InDesign.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see, and the sixth line as well. As you say, a rendering issue. Maybe worth getting your graphics card checked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only happens with InDesign though, and then it only seems to happen if I have UI sizing set to small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a video of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does toggling GPU performance in Preferences change anything?
Does changing the UI scaling affect it in anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines