Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replace text "Indesign Magazine Template"

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

How can I replace the text in the top tab of my pdf that says "Indesign Magazine Template". Please see screenshot. I can not fint out where this texst is set. Anybody knows?

Thank you.

EQUa3g.jpg

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Thank you guys. This issue was with files exported as PDF. Your replies actually pointed me in the right direction. I went to "file" - "file information", at least thats what its named in the norwegian version of INDesign. Here I could change the title. "Dokumenttittel" in the screenshot below. Thanks again.

Robert25271511ebct_0-1657975461260.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Ah. I thought you only had the PDF. If you look at the export dialog in InDesign and go to the Advanced tab, you'll see this:

2022-07-16_09-00-49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try a quick File>Save As... in Acrobat, renaming the PDF from indesign magazine template to something resembling [PubName-Issue Date], post the updated/re-named file and see what you get for your tab label in web browsers from there.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Randy but I did that. Ive made a couple e-books using their own name but still does not change in the tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an InDesign issue. The PDF is showing the title, not the file name. Change that in Acrobat under Properties and resave it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

Let me ask: is there an Adobe-supplied or custom-built file somewhere in the production stream named indesign magazine template? Is it stored in your system as an InDesign document or InDesign template (e.g. - is your template file in .indd or .indt format)?

If you go back to InDesign and save your file with [PubName - Issue Date].indd and then save a PDF from the file with your [PubName - Issue Date].pdf nomenclature, is the name properly displayed in Acrobat, then as you post it is it now posted with the correct file name?

Please give this a try and let me know if it gets you where you want to be. These are the easiest options for creating the results you're looking for. So if you would, give this a quick try, step-by-step, and let me know if this works for you.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That won't do anything, Randy. The file is set to display the title, not the file name. This is all done in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a couple of Acrobat screenshots that may help:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you guys. This issue was with files exported as PDF. Your replies actually pointed me in the right direction. I went to "file" - "file information", at least thats what its named in the norwegian version of INDesign. Here I could change the title. "Dokumenttittel" in the screenshot below. Thanks again.

Robert25271511ebct_0-1657975461260.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. I thought you only had the PDF. If you look at the export dialog in InDesign and go to the Advanced tab, you'll see this:

2022-07-16_09-00-49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ok. Thanks. Always something new to learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can change This Meta Information for several selected Files selected in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines