• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

replace the bullet in a bulleted list with another character

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can I replace bullets with another character in a bulleted list?  For example the degree character instead of the black bullet.  Or a blue bullet instead of a black bullet.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can use any symbol or character you want. Simply Add it in the Bullet List options, and if you want it a certain style (like, make them blue) create a Character Style for that,

In my example I've added the diamond from Zapf Dingbats, and created a Character Style "blue bullet" that I applied to it.

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 9.41.50 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open up the Bulleted List options by choosing Bulleted List and Numbering from the Control Panel menu. Or Option/Alt-click the Bulleted List icon on the Paragraph part of the Control panel. This gives you access to the bulleted list controls.

To change the color of the bullet, open up the Character Style choice and select an existing Character Style which has the character color you want:

Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 8.46.23 PM.png

To change the bullet character itself, click the Add button at the right side of the dialog. This opens up the Glyphs panel. Pick a font list menu at the bottom to open up the font you want. Pick the character you want, and click Add to add it to the list of possible bullets at the top of the Bulleted List dialog.

Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 8.53.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines