• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reproducing a cell cluster within a table

Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see attached image "Replicate table cells 01".

I would like to reproduce a cell cluster within this table. Specifically, there are a series of rows and columns beginning with a green cell with text "Movement between Levels" and ending with the lowest green cells that I would like to replicate on the right hand side of the table - there will be slight changes to the text in the reproduced cells but the structure needs to be the same in order to do a compare-and-contrast.

I have found some help info online but nothing that gets what I need - I have tried a copy/paste of the cells in question but end up with the same full table all over again and it isn't contiguous with what is already there. 

How can I do this?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

You won't find an easy button for this.

It can't really tell exactly what you've got there from the screenshot, but it looks like you'll have to un-merge those right-side columns before you do anything else. Once you have the same number of rows all the way down the table, you'll be able to copy the cells on the left and paste them into the right side.

Until you really get a feel for how table structures work in InDesign, take it one row at a time, copy 4 cells, for instance, then make a lik

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not build a set of Cell Styles to help you reproduce the appearance?

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/table-cell-styles.html

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You won't find an easy button for this.

It can't really tell exactly what you've got there from the screenshot, but it looks like you'll have to un-merge those right-side columns before you do anything else. Once you have the same number of rows all the way down the table, you'll be able to copy the cells on the left and paste them into the right side.

Until you really get a feel for how table structures work in InDesign, take it one row at a time, copy 4 cells, for instance, then make a like-selection of 4 pre-existing cells elsewhere and paste. Getting the widths right, etc., will require some manual adjustments. Take your time; like I said, with small succeesses, you'll discover what works and what doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines