• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove fonts that are other languages

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using CS4 for 12 years on an old 17" Macbook pro that hasn't been online in 9 years so apple can't update the OS. Worked great, however, in order to take in new features I just bought a new iMac running Monterey 12.1. 

Do you know how to remove fonts from Mac OS or Adobe? I have 390 fonts, over 300 are foreign language. Its brutally inefficient navigating the menus. Its completely an apple issue (I spoke with them and Monerey does not allow removal of fonts by design). This is simply a nightmare. Fonts are not displayed even alphabetically, they are categorized bizarrely. Apple really screwed this one up. 

Is there a setting in Adobe products that only allows certain fonts to be displayed when using. I primarily use Indesign, but use Illustrator and Photoshop as well?
Even better if you know how to delete out of Monterey. I see some of your other Terminal commands, but not sure inf any pertains to my issue. I would dump 337 fonts out of Apples font book I will never use. Not to mention the other 200-300 greyed out fonts I can't remove either. At least they dont clog my menus.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know how to remove fonts from Mac OS or Adobe? I have 390 fonts, over 300 are foreign language. Its brutally inefficient navigating the menus. Its completely an apple issue (I spoke with them and Monerey does not allow removal of fonts by design). This is simply a nightmare. Fonts are not displayed even alphabetically, they are categorized bizarrely. Apple really screwed this one up. 

Yes, it is quite impossible to remove them. Read interessant informations here: http://www.jklstudios.com/misc/osxfonts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to edit the list so I only see english fonts in Indesign and other adobe software? I can't figure that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No. The only trick I know is to mark english fonts as favorites in the InDesign font menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines