• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing a document in InDesign

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 60pg document (facing pages) and I need to adjust the width of each page from 158mm to 154mm but when I change the document size all of the elements on the page (text boxes & images) 'shift' as well. I don't want this, I want them to remain exactly where they are. There must be an option to deselect this but I can't find it. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

It sounds like you've got "Layout Adjustment" turned on.

Go to the Margins and Columns dialog (Layout > Margins and Columns) and uncheck Layout Adjustment in the bottom left-hand corner, then try again to change the document page size.

Ariel

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you've got "Layout Adjustment" turned on.

Go to the Margins and Columns dialog (Layout > Margins and Columns) and uncheck Layout Adjustment in the bottom left-hand corner, then try again to change the document page size.

Ariel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks, that's fixed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you changing the page size using File > Document Setup? Are you sure they are shifting? The elements on the right of the page will appear to move but the left of the page should stay put. If they truly are shifting, try choosing Layout > Margins and Columns and make sure that the Enable Layout Adjustment checkbox is unchecked. That should allow your pages to resize when using Document Setup to change the size. If you're using a different method to resize the pages, let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines