• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing whole InDesign document and images + text in it

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I illustrated a childrens book in Indesign 2021 in size 220 x 220 mm with 5mm bleed and my printer needs the document to be 203 x 203 mm with 3 mm bleed

My document has 35 pages, which are displayed as spreads. How to resize everything all in one go? 

See screenshot here. I followed a 2013 tutorial that said to go to Pages/ Scale and to select your custom size then select all objects and recenter them but I only got to entering 203 x 203 and nothing happens..

Thank you for your help!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

It's shocking your printer cannot scale it by 92.27%

But more importantly - you designed it at 220 x 220 - find a printer that deal with your request. I'd never ask a client to resize a file!

Check out Adjust Layout

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/user-guide.html/ie/indesign/using/adjust-layout.ug.html

Or if you have Acrobat Pro try this

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/Change-PDF-page-size-in-MAC.html

Again - incredible the printer is not doing this!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's shocking your printer cannot scale it by 92.27%

But more importantly - you designed it at 220 x 220 - find a printer that deal with your request. I'd never ask a client to resize a file!

Check out Adjust Layout

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/user-guide.html/ie/indesign/using/adjust-layout.ug.html

Or if you have Acrobat Pro try this

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/Change-PDF-page-size-in-MAC.html

Again - incredible the printer is not doing this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

35 pages seems a strange extent too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much the Adjust Layout setting worked! ❤️ Not sure why they asked me to do this...I suppose it is because I have the indesign file and I will only be sending them the High Quality Print PDF? Anyway you saved me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regardless of a PDF you can scale that to a size - the link is there. 

Printers are really not taking chances these days - I'd resize it no problem and send back to you for approval.

But some printers won't risk many any changes. But I see it as part of the job.

Anyway - they could have scaled it themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much the Adjust Layout setting worked! ❤️ Not sure why they asked me to do this...I suppose it is because I have the indesign file and I will only be sending them the High Quality Print PDF? Anyway you saved me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a matter of interest have your printers specified any particular spec re the PDF and have the asked for the images to be provided in any particular color mode, such ar RGB or CMYK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No- I want the images to be RGB and not CMYK as the CMYK setting makes the colours less vibrant, I rather they print like this and see how it comes out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines