Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Responsive shape in indesign

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I was wondering if I can make a responsive paragraph, object or whatever, that be like that star 

or that angled line, I just want to have these objects responsively every time I wrote a definition or note, etc..

Thanks alotellll.PNG

TOPICS
How to, Print, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These could be implemented in the same way you'd add bullet. Instead of using the default bullet character, simply select a simple forward slash for your /, and create a character style to control the colour/size etc. I'm not saying this would be suitable outcome if you started needing logos or other more complicated outcomes, but your example above could be achieved (as I have done on occasion) using this method where conventional characters are used.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For your example here, ie where you have two characters, I would use a numbered list instead of a bullet, as you could choose a string of 2+ characters to replace the default ^#.^t (ie where a variable number is added) instead of just one.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines