Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RGB colours and images dull on PDF export

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've put together a document using RGB images and colours. Upon PDF export these go dull.

I'm in CS6. The document is setup for web with RGB colour profiles. All images are flat RGB JPGs (I have also tried PNG and PSD) and I'm exporting an interactive PDF. There are no transparencies or CMYK colours in the document. 

Any ideas?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Are your Acrobat Pro and Acrobat Reader from the same era? Since you are using an old version of InDesign it seems possible that your profiles might be out of date and whichever Acrobat is newer may be having difficulty translating them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem is with Acrobat Reader.. having just opened the file in Acrobat Pro all seems bright and correct. My clients will open this document in Reader though. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your Acrobat Pro and Acrobat Reader from the same era? Since you are using an old version of InDesign it seems possible that your profiles might be out of date and whichever Acrobat is newer may be having difficulty translating them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robr,

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists.

Kindly update the discussion if you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, they just need change overprint preview settings in preferences, and not have it on 'Always'. g

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Legend! Thanks for this. Was driving me nutso.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, just change your overprint preview settings in Acrobat, just don't have it on 'Always'. g

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines