• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

right to left visual and logical

New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i change in general preferences the right to left option from logical to visual the cursor moves right while pressing the right arrow but when i want to move from one word to anothe while pressing CTRL tab it again starts moving in the opoosite direction. pls help me with this problem 

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It turns out that this is an old bug. I never new (I only use logical cursor movement) but when I searced to find an answer to your question, I found this post by Zaid Al Hilali. One thing you can do is to vote on that bug to increase its visibility to the developers; hopefully the InDesign development team will address it in a future release. 

This one feels like a clunky solution, but you could also make a keyboard shortcut set that you only turned on when you were working inright-to-left languages, where you swapped the keyboard shortcuts for moving or selecting text with the control and/or shift keys:

JoelCherney_0-1652201375244.png

Similarly, I'm able to imagine a solution for you where you used a script or a third-party application to swap directions of your keyboard input. For instance, if I were in your shoes I might try to write an AutoHotkey script that sent a Ctrl + Left Arrow when you input a Ctrl + Right Arrow on your keyboard, and vice versa, only when the InDesign window was active. However, you'd still have to suspend that script when attempting to use the keyboard to navigate text in a left-to-right script. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines