• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roll-over / roll-off

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created several buttons under each other, they do not overlapp or touch each other.

Burt when i hover my mouse over the buttons often the buttons do not go back to the initial state but they stay in the 'roll-off - modus'. It seems random. Sometimes it goes well, sometime it does not go well.

Does anybody reconize this problem and knows a solution?

KR,

Karel

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Then the issue is not InDesign. You can ask in the Acrobat forum but I doubt there's much in the way of anything that anybody is going to offer you.

My advice stands. Interactive PDF is a format that I avoid.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the format of your document? PDF? Publish Online? EPUB?

For PDF, you might just as well give up right now. Anything like this is going to be wonky as hell and may not work at all on third party PDF readers. On the others you should be aware that it won't work at all on mobile devices.

My advice: Do not use this effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the quick response.

It is a (interactive) pdf

I'm aware that this sometimes not works well on third party PDF readers so a I always make a reservation for this.

But is does not work well in Acrobat. And it is a straight forward funtionality I would say. And I use it often for creating interactive pdfs. Is there an alternative or work around?

I've enclose an example

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then the issue is not InDesign. You can ask in the Acrobat forum but I doubt there's much in the way of anything that anybody is going to offer you.

My advice stands. Interactive PDF is a format that I avoid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add to what Bob has advised, with which I agree, is there anyway you can use Publish Online? It supports all of InDesign's interactive features beautifully, and only a browser is needed to use it. Here are some great examples of documents that show what you can do: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines