Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Round Corner rectangle inside bleed

Participant ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Experts,

I am struggling with what is probably a very easy task...  I have colored page edges with the inside top and bottom corners rounded in.  How do I get the proper bleed to send to print without cutting off my corners?

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have have set an impossible task for yourself. Bleed exists because the cuts are not going to be 100% precise, and therre is no smooth way to continue the color into the bleed with your current design. 

If you put your rounded corner exactly on the edge, it will look wrong every time the die moves even a little; either a sliver of white or the top of the curve cut off.  

I think that a better solution would be to move the curve a bit in from the edge top and bottom. That will ensure that your curve shows as intended, and looks consistent on all pages.

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 2.23.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-14 at 2.23.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 

 here is one thing you could do. Alot would depend on how accurate you cutting and folding is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does that improve anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it is trimmed it would look like this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only if it's trimmed exactly. Look, it's all up to the OP and he/she should speak to the printer and come up with a plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you....  this is the way I had originally designed it, but the printer was concerned.  Maybe I should put it back and then just have it overlap a point or so rather than an entire 1/4 of an inch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not going to help, at all. You're going for zero tolerance and you're going to have to go through every single piece to make sure they look the way you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been doing that way for years and as I said in my post "Alot would depend on how accurate you cutting and folding is" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lorie, I not sure what you mean by "put it back and then overlap etc". But definitely talk with your printer and come up with a plan that he is confortable with. I was showing you how we have done it many times over the years, with very good results. I have worked at this print shop for 12 years and have had 40 years in the business. Have a great day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Late reply here, but I just had the same problem - glad I'm not the only one! I decided to modify the design in the end because it's not a deal breaker. A real conundrum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines