• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

San Serif open type font switched font style on certain letters when I used Large Cap/Small Cap tool

New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document I created using Open Sans font. No problems until I was making my last round of corrections. I typed my content into the textbook in all lower case, then clicked on the Large Cap/Small Cap tool. The "I"s showed up as seriffed letters and did not reduce to the small cap size. Also, I noticed when I typed into a new text box in all caps, the I's were continuing to appear with Serifs on them. That was the only letter that did. I reloaded by font into font book, where the preview of the font shows up correctly. It was just not appearing in my document correctly. How does such a thing happen? Open Sans is a free downloadable font. 

I appreaciate any insights anyone has to offer on this. I've never had that happen before in a font.

Deb Saxton

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be a defect in the font.

Open Sans is available from a Adobe fonts (fonts.adobe.com) as part of your Creative Cloud subscription (but you didn't say what verson of InDesign you're using). I tried the Adobe version of the Google-created font and it seems to work fine. You might uninstall the one you're using and switch to the Adobe version:

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 12.08.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's what the family looks like in Adobe Fonts. This is the one I used:

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 12.11.35 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines