Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save As Indesign- Defaulting to "This PC"

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Afternoon, 
I have been experiencing an issue when "saving as" in Indesign that it briefly brings up the save as dialog box to where the file I was working on is but then it changes to the "Desktop" screen when saving instead of the original document is saved. I can hit the back arrow to go to that previous screen but have to do that each time I want to save as. I already checked for updates and did a clean install of InDesign, but

saveas.png

saveas-desktop.png

  

the issue persists. Any suggestions 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure it's system related - not InDesign's fault - user permissions / defaults or something.

▒► ID-Tasker / ID-Tasker Server - work smart not hard ◄▒

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Gilbert5F91 ,

Thanks for reaching out. As suggested by Adobe Scripts, it looks more related to OS default however we can try to troubleshoot this, so please try the suggestions shared here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-windows-10-default-save-as... and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good Morning, 

I did a fresh install on a new machine and it works the way it used to so it is in fact a windows issue. 
@Rishabh_Tiwari the windows support article didn't really fix anything. I am looking into resetting windows explorer settings to see if that will help. Any other suggestions ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines