Save file to cloud

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  I try to save file in ID to the creative cloud but get the note that it is not possible. I can save pics from PS to the creative cloud without trouble. What do I do wrong?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not being very clear what you mean by "save file in ID to the creative cloud".

There are two possible meanings I can think of for that. As part of your Creative Cloud subscription, you have a personal storage area where you can store files (including InDesign, Photoshop and other format files). You can save a file by choosing Creative Cloud Files on the sidebar on a Mac (or the equivalent in Windows). Files saved there can be shared with other users (see example below):

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 2.28.37 PM.png

The second meaning is a file that is actually stored in Adobe's Creative Cloud-based storage area. This requires a different file format, and can currently be done in Photoshop and Illustrator. One reason these applications have added that feature is to be able to share files with Photoshop and Illustrator apps available on mobile devices like the iPad. InDesign does not yet offer that option because it doesn't have a mobile version.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Steve has wonderfully explained things in detail about Creative Cloud storage & Cloud documents. Would it be possible for you to share more information about your workflow? Please share version of OS & InDesign as well. This information would help us assist you accordingly.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines