• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save INDD 2022 files in a 2021 Version

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I save INDD 2022 Documents in a 2021 Version. Do I need an extention? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to share your InDesign 2022 document with someone who has InDesign 2021, save it as an IDML document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you can't. If you want a file created in CC2021 to open in CC2022 you don't need to do anything it will open just fine in CC2022. However, for the opposite i.e. opening a CC2022 file in CC2021 you will either have to export the file as IDML or you can also use the online conversion service(it will prompt you if you want to do the conversion when you try to open).

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be aware, howerver, that if you used any featers of the new version which are not available ion the older version they will be lost anbd that there isd always the strong possibility of text reflow when moving between versions, and that it may not show until you put the cursor into a story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I understand it, the OPs post he wants to provide an InDesign document created in 2022 that it can be opened by someone with InDesign 2021, as the application is not backward compatible it would have  to be supplied as an IDML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines