• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save InDesign files in Adobe Cloud [2021]

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why I cannot sabe an In design file in the adobe cloud, it doesnt give me the option to do it, to comparison from ilustrator or photoshop

[Title edited by moderator for clarity. Was "Problems with In design"]

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Hi

Illustrator has two formats: .ai and .aic. Photoshop has .psd and .psdc. The "c" stands for cloud. These cloud documents are stored only in the cloud and save is automatic. InDesign does not have a cloud version (.inddc).

You can save or copy your InDesign files to the Cloud folder on your computer and they will be stored in the Cloud. Details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/sync-creative-cloud-files.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Illustrator has two formats: .ai and .aic. Photoshop has .psd and .psdc. The "c" stands for cloud. These cloud documents are stored only in the cloud and save is automatic. InDesign does not have a cloud version (.inddc).

You can save or copy your InDesign files to the Cloud folder on your computer and they will be stored in the Cloud. Details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/sync-creative-cloud-files.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane is correct.

In addition, the likelihood that Photoshop and Illustrator got cloud version first was that those two applications both have mobile application versions. The Cloud version is necessary for exchanging files between mobile and desktop/laptop application versions.

There are other advantages in using cloud versions. It enhances sharing of files, reviewing and editing files with multiple people.

It's pretty likely that InDesign will move toward having a cloud format in a relatively short time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your answer. I hope it will soon.

Obtener Outlook para iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I agree with Jane & Steve both. At this point of time, you can save your InDesign files(not cloud version) on Creative Cloud storage and follow the help article suggested earlier. Product team is working towards the cloud version of the document just like other products. We'd request you to stay tuned.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, I didnt know that there wasn't a cloud version for In Design, I will keep following the article suggested. 
thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this update....I wish I had known (or Adobe had put some sort of message in ID), since it would have saved me a fair bit of time trying to troubleshoot why I only get the Windows save dialogue and not the Save to Creative Cloud window.

Illustrator is even worse and behaves differently across identical installs!  On my desktop I just tried saving a sample file and got the Save to Creative Cloud window as expected; on my laptop the Windows save dialog comes up but there's a Save to Cloud button in the window I have to click to get the StCC window....?!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LiquidFractal 

Things have changed since this thread was posted in August 2021. Cloud documents are now available in the beta version of InDesign:

The beta version can be installed concurrently with the released version. The above links have directions for installing from the CC app.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane is correct. It's a public beta program which others can participate in. You can see Beta programs in the Beta Apps section of the Creative Cloud App:

Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 2.10.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great...thanks to @jane-e and @Steve Werner for letting me know I can look forward to this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, @LiquidFractal !

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michavr10, 

I'm facing this same issue. 

I've read all the answers posted here, with "Community Experts" patching on the back of each other without presenting a real solution to this problem. As a matter of fact, the official version of InDesign does not allow us to save files on Adobe Creative Cloud. It is a mess. 

When we go to Creative Cloud and try to upload our .INDD files, Adobe says we can't upload this type of files. According to 

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/cloud-documents-faq.html "To make your files accessible across your devices, you can convert your . indd file to a cloud document and save it to the cloud. To do so, open InDesign and select File > Save as > Save Adobe Cloud document. To learn more about the saving and working with your documents, see Create or save cloud documents"

But this also does not work. I don't know if it is only my InDesign version but it does not offer me this "Save as Adobe Cloud Document". 

My alternative so far has been saving my .indd files on my Microsoft OneDrive cloud.

Looking for an alternative.  

It's quite revolting that in 2023 Adobe does not allow us to simply save an .indd on the cloud in an easy way.

[Edited to remove comma from weblink. Including the comma went to a page with this content]

janee_0-1681221266197.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, the cloud document format for InDesign is in beta testing. You can join the test by downloading the InDesign Beta from the Beta tab of the Creative Cloud Desktop app. See the screen shots below:

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 6.43.17 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 6.42.32 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gabriel293492039tjr 

InDesign Beta app is available for installation under the Beta apps tab of the Creative Cloud Desktop app, and saving to inddc in the Cloud is available in beta. It was not available when the OP first posted.

Details here on working with Cloud documents in InDesign:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/cloud-documents.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've read all the answers posted here, with "Community Experts" patching on the back of each other without presenting a real solution to this problem. As a matter of fact, the official version of InDesign does not allow us to save files on Adobe Creative Cloud. It is a mess. 

Hi @Gabriel293492039tjr , You can’t upload ID files to your web account’s Cloud documents directory—that directory is limited to PSD and AI files, which would get converted to the .PSDC and .AIC formats on an attempted upload.

You can upload ID files to the Synced files directory—or simply move the ID files to your local User>Creative Cloud Files folder, and they will automatically upload if you have sync’ing turned on in your CC app.

Screen Shot 1.png

The Syned files directory will let you upload any file format:

Screen Shot 3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines