Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Save InDesign files in Adobe Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why I cannot sabe an In design file in the adobe cloud, it doesnt give me the option to do it, to comparison from ilustrator or photoshop

[Title edited by moderator for clarity. Was "Problems with In design"]

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021
Hi Illustrator has two formats: .ai and .aic. Photoshop has .psd and .psdc. The "c" stands for cloud. These cloud documents are stored only in the cloud and save is automatic. InDesign does not have a cloud version (.inddc). You can save or copy your InDesign files to the Cloud folder on your computer and they will be stored in the Cloud. Details here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/sync-creative-cloud-files.html ~ Jane

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Illustrator has two formats: .ai and .aic. Photoshop has .psd and .psdc. The "c" stands for cloud. These cloud documents are stored only in the cloud and save is automatic. InDesign does not have a cloud version (.inddc).

You can save or copy your InDesign files to the Cloud folder on your computer and they will be stored in the Cloud. Details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/sync-creative-cloud-files.html

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane is correct.

In addition, the likelihood that Photoshop and Illustrator got cloud version first was that those two applications both have mobile application versions. The Cloud version is necessary for exchanging files between mobile and desktop/laptop application versions.

There are other advantages in using cloud versions. It enhances sharing of files, reviewing and editing files with multiple people.

It's pretty likely that InDesign will move toward having a cloud format in a relatively short time.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your answer. I hope it will soon.

Obtener Outlook para iOS

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I agree with Jane & Steve both. At this point of time, you can save your InDesign files(not cloud version) on Creative Cloud storage and follow the help article suggested earlier. Product team is working towards the cloud version of the document just like other products. We'd request you to stay tuned.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much, I didnt know that there wasn't a cloud version for In Design, I will keep following the article suggested. 
thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines