• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving a line of text with multiple font sizes and colors as a style

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to InDesign and trying to make a rather complicated document. It would save me a lot of time if I could save a line like this as a style or format and apply it to other lines after I type them.  It has multiple colors and font sizes and it takes a lot of time to do it individually.  Is this possible?  I have not found a tutorial or any article so far that helps.  

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 2.39.06 AM.png

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Are these always these 14 character styles?
  2. Should this always be applied to a "single line" sentence?

Then the whole thing could be applied with grep styles in one paragraph format.

Please give a second screenshot with the shortest and the longest sentence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below would be an example of the most basic look to a page and the most uniform it would get.  Essentially, the first six spaces of a line (characters or not) will step down by 2 font sizes per two spaces and each of the first 9 spaces will have a slightly darker color fading into black.  

46 - 46 - 44 - 44 - 42 - 42 - 40 - 40...........

Then at the end of a line, the last nine spaces will have slightly brightening characters to the end with the last six spaces increasing in font size by 2.  

.......40 - 40 - 42 - 42 - 44 - 44 - 46 - 46

I think ideally I would be able to type the text and then apply a saved color and size style to the end and beginning of each line of text in whatever design I choose.  That would give me the most flexiblity.  It's the clicking from space to each space and changing size and color for each that is time consuming.  

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 1.17.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ask for a script.

It is certainly possible with a combination of nested formats and grep styles, but the performance will suffer extremely! In addition, each line should be a separate paragraph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines