Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving a PDF as PDF/X

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

1. I am trying to save my document (which is currently in Adobe InDesign) as a PDF/X-1a:2001 file but there is nothing with that type of file under 'save as'.  How do I do a save the file as the PDF/X-1a:2001?

2. Also, how do you increase the resolution of the images in the file?   I need minimum 300ppi 

Many thanks,  Kind regards

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print , Publish online , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look in the File > Adobe PDF Presets you'll find it there. Presumably, your printer has specified this version (PDF/X-4 is the current version).

Unless your printer has specified otherwise, select in the Export Adobe PDF dialogue box under the General tab Export as Single Pages (not Spreads) and under the Marks and Bleeds tab tick Crop Marks and Use Document Bleed Settings.

Regarding image resolution, in InDesign, under the Links panel check the Effective PPI, if it's under 200PPI try and get a higher resolution original or, if you can't get one, open the image in Photoshop and increase the File size: Image > Image Size (use a little Unsharp Mask afterwards as enlarging the it will blur the image).  How effective this process will be, will depend on the quality of the image and how much enlargement you have to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Derek.  Appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File> Export > Adobe PDF (Print)

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 1.39.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 1.40.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks Manal.  Appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines