• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving document with current split view

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched extensively and haven't found a way to save a document with it's current split view. It always opens with a single view. Is it possible to do with or without an inDesign extension ?

I have a two page document which is not facing pages and would like to have the view split vertically to show both pages at once. When I close the document it always opens in single view.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Hi @davew80099685 , it might be scriptable, but you can also arrange non facing pages using the Pages tool. This document was setup with facing pages unchecked.

Screen Shot 17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @davew80099685 , it might be scriptable, but you can also arrange non facing pages using the Pages tool. This document was setup with facing pages unchecked.

Screen Shot 17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you rob day, this will work for my needs. It can be destructive to the page if care is not taken to ensure all page elements move with the page using the Page Tool especially if bleeds are involved.

@rob day wrote:

Screen Shot 17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Set Liquid page Rule to Off and check Objects Move with page:

Screen Shot 18.png

Also, if you are trying to create a custom inside bleed this might help:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/gutter-bleed-still-the-same/m-p/11367643#M198592

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines