• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving file attributes while exporting as JPEG.

Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way I can save/retain the file attributes (Copyright info etc) when you export a file as JPEG from InDesign? I have all the file info saved as a notepad & I import it once I am done with the creative. 

The saved JPEG files however doesnt show any of these attributes. I then open the file bridge & add the info again.

Vijay.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems be a capability that InDesign does not have. See the following discussion, it refers to a link that export JPEG from PDF that includes the metadata, hopefully this will help

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/export-to-jpg-does-not-include-metadata/td-p/108...

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Manan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think InDesign JPG export is poor.

You get a much better quality if you export a PDF/X-4. But not only that, the PDF/X-4 retains the meta. Then you can open it in Photoshop and it should get the meta information too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines