• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving files for opening in earlier version

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am done paying for their monthly subscription and am trying to save all of my work from the Cloud so  I can hopefully open it in a legacy version. Do I have to save each file in my "Synced files" folder separately? I am looking to grab all of the documents  all at once but that doesn't seem to be possible. Thank you for any tips or advice you have.

TOPICS
How to , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure there is probably a script that can iterate through a folder and export .idml for any .indd files it finds (and hopefully someone will eiother provide that, or a link to it, here).

That said, you'll need to copy all of those files to a local storage location as you'll lose access to anything on the cloud when you stop paying, and unless you already have a perpetual license for a legacy version, along with installers and patches, you're going to have a pretty hard time installing a non-subscription version and it's bug patches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter said: "I'm sure there is probably a script that can iterate through a folder and export .idml for any .indd files it finds (and hopefully someone will eiother provide that, or a link to it, here)."

Hi Peter,

yes, Peter Kahrel's great Batch Process is the one:

Batch-process (convert/export/import) documents
Peter Kahrel, Updated 1 Aug. 2021
https://creativepro.com/files/kahrel/indesign/batch_convert.html

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines