Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving InDesign File - Gone Corrupt

New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Lately I have several shared InDesign files with coworkers that when I go to save the InDesign file, it wont let me save and the message is very minimal and won't explain the issue. It won't let me save or save as or export. So I then have to create a new file and copy and paste everything over so I don't loose my work.

Any help or clues are appreciated, thanks!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Make sure that smart sync is turned OFF on all of the machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the file open fine on other machines? I am trying to identify if the files are getting corrupted somehow during transfer to your system or if you have a faulty installation. If the files are indeed behaving the same on all the machines, then probably look how these are transferred from the source to destination.

If it's your InDesign installation then try the following in the mentioned order, trashing preferences/cache folders, uninstalling, cleaning up using Creative Cloud Cleaner App and then reinstalling.

Links related to suggestions made are mentioned below.

Adobe InDesign: Rebuilding Preferences and Cache Files

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to solve installation problems

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files open fine on all machines. We use dropbox cloud to share files and there are about 3 design licenses among our group. 

Thanks for these tips!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you share your file and how do you "receive" back this files? Give us more info, please.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use dropbox cloud to share our files, we have 3 differenet licenses among our group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure that smart sync is turned OFF on all of the machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines