• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling graphics proportionally

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Placing a graphic and then scaling dimension with the constrain proportions for width and height set on, the graphoic does not constrain proportions. The percentage scaling does work. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please confirm your version of InDesign?
And also your computer OS and specs (Processor, RAM, Graphics card).

From what you describe - you use File>Place

Insert the graphic

Then you are trying to increase the size of the image by using the Width and Height.

This would usually only increase the size of the container. 

Not the content within the container - in this case the graphic

If you require this behaviour then you need set the Object>Fitting>Frame Fitting Options

EugeneTyson_0-1666237550884.png

Scaling is correct - as you're scaling both the container and the graphic within the container at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign 18.0 Mac OS 10.15.7 Graphic card AMD Radeon VII 16 GB. Processor 3 GHz 18-Core Intel Xeon W. RAM 

128 GB 3600 MHz DDR4

I drag image (tiff) file into Indesign. I select the image and with constrain proportions height and width set (in Control), I change height (larger say) but the image does not constrain proportions. I then usually fit content to frame but obviously pointless as frame proportion is wrong 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further information. It appears to be a bug in the Control. Using the Object/Transform/Scale works fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing this behaviour. 

If you increase the width and height only the frame of the graphic increases. The graphic is inside the frame.

When you use scale - it scales the entire frame and graphic in one go. 

Can you post screenshots of what you are talking about - as I don't know if we are talking about the same thing?

As I say - frame fitting options need to be applied if you want the image to scale based on the width and height and there's plenty of settings in there to make it fill it proportionally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stupid thing the problem seems to have gone away, no idea why. Sorry to bother you all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok - no problem. Any further issues I'm sure we can get to the bottom it. 

Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines