Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Scientific Book/Article - Continuous Footnotes

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using two page masters: A and B!

I use B to make a special chapter page – so it is inserted when a new chapter starts.

Now Footnotes in a scientific text does not restart – ever. (Not sure when restarting footnotes in a book/article would ever be correct use of footnotes, but that is besides the point.)

I want footnotes to continue through out the document; no restart on sections or new pages or what ever – just continue to add (footnote)+1 every time I insert a new footnote.

Why is this not a simple thing?

Does anyone know how to do this? Restarting does not work since settings are on document level and changes starting point on all new sections.

- please, someone -

MS

TOPICS
How to, Print, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MS,

to make that happen all of your text frames with footnote references must be threaded to one big story that runs from page to page.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines