• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen goes black when moving an object

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I've been having this issue for months now where when I move an object, the screen goes black. It's as if it just cuts out and it comes back on when I release the object. I've checked photoshop and it isn't happening with that, just indesign. I haven't seen anybody else talk about this so any help would be much appreciated. I have already tried reinstalling and updating the app with no luck. Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign? What OS? What version of the OS? Have you restarting your computer? Does this happen with any object or only certain types of objects? Does this happen with every InDesign file or only some?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 18.1 (although I have tried reverting to older versions too), Windows 11 21H2 on a 64-bit system, yes, I have tried reinstalling and restarting.
Where this email is unrelated to the business of University of the Arts London the opinions expressed in it are the opinions of the sender and do not necessarily constitute those of University of the Arts London.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried turning of GPU Preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this is an option as I don't have a GPU on my laptop.
Where this email is unrelated to the business of University of the Arts London the opinions expressed in it are the opinions of the sender and do not necessarily constitute those of University of the Arts London.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Does this happen solely in InDesign, or does it happen in any other program like Photoshop or Illustrator?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I tested this and it only happens in indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried restoring your preferences and caches in InDesign? (Reinstalling doesn't delete preferences and caches). Here's a description of how to try this:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Talia27721475d6re,

Thank you for reaching out and trying the suggestion shared by our expert. Would you mind sharing a screen recording of the issue so that we can check on our end?

• Does that happen randomly or specifically while moving an object?
  • Does that happen with every file and object?

We will try our best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,
I have the same problem since yesterday, I tested the different advice written above but nothing works.
I have no cpu on my laptop.

Do you have a solution?
thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Clovis32186382bh77:

Mac or Windows? (Macs have a GPU Performance control, Windows systems do not.)

If Mac, did you just update to Sonoma (macOS 14) by any chance?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on windows. I don't have a CPU.

I solved the problem by resetting my computer.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines