Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen Mode Icons disppeared

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 8.23.08 AM.jpg

I've upgraded to InDesign 2020 and these little icons disappeared. I can't find anywhere to bring them back. I use them all the time.

[Moved from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

I FINALLY found it. It's at the bottom of the tool box.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The zoom percentage field has been moved to the left lower corner ... I really went nuts when trying to find it ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use the Screen Mode icons ALL THE TIME, and to have to use the pull down menu to toggle between Normal and Preview is super inefficient. Why would Adobe remover this?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I FINALLY found it. It's at the bottom of the tool box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Thank you sharpdes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU ❤️ ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharpdes: It does look like the Application bar was removed from InDesign 2020, taking those icons with it (although the zoom menu was moved to the bottom left of the window).

If you use the screen mode icons frequently, it's worth noting that tapping W (as long as you don't have an insertion point in text) will toggle you between Normal and Preview. Sh+W will activate Full screen mode. Esc will return to Normal view.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe wants to standardize the applications a bit. It probably seems like a pain to some if you ONLY use InDesign. But Illustrator and Photoshop didn't place similar controls on what used to be the Application Bar. They've placed them at the bottom of the tools (or in menus like Window > Arrange for the arrangements of multiple windows). 

It's easier for newcomers and for those of us who bounce between multiple appications to be more consistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BarbBinder,

this question is quite related with the topic. Do you know if there are any shortcuts to arrange the windows? 

I used to use thoses icons very often to put two windows together to compare two different documents and now it's much less intuitive to enter the window menu -> arrange and then select.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add your own. Edit > Keyboard shortcuts

Choose the Window menu and add then shortcuts there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How could I not have thought of it before! heheh Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You noted that one can type w to switch between normal and preview modes. That has to be the worst shortcut key in history. I'm an editor, and I have to constantly watch for stray w's in documents because of that. Couldn't it be option-w or something that requires a second key?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Couldn't it be option-w or something that requires a second key?'

Sure. Use Escape+w.

Use Escape before any of the single key shortcuts if you want to make sure you don't accidentally type them into your document.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the W short cut, will remember that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines