Screen redraw failing in InDesign?

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I'm using the latest M1 2021 iMac and the latest version of Indesign, and find that when working in text frames and changing text, the text frame goes blank and does not reappear until I change the view. Is there any known way around this? 

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off the GPU performance in the Preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

read through the forum. It's full of threads like yours.

I'm on Windows 10 and cannot give good advice. Some say a restart of InDesign could fix it temporarily, some say trashing the cache could fix it temporarily. Some tell that 8GB of RAM on the M1 Mac is not enough, so closing other apps could fix it temporarily. All in common: there is no fix out yet that fixes this issue entirely.

One of many example threads:

Text disappears when typing in text box
Elaine5E3A, Jun 17, 2021

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/text-disappears-when-typing-in-text-box/td-p/121...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Youre not alone! tried to desactivate GPU etc... doesnt help... 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can produce this issue on the mac mini with 16GB of RAM. Wonder if they had tested before releasing since the new macs are only a few. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines