• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script for INDD to uncheck the 'Print Layer' check box in the layer menu

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I run a basic script below to load 4 layers for when I work on printed designs. I have a layer I call 'Dims' which is short for 'dimentions' and thia is layer I use to place a lot of blocks and notes etc that I use when designing a layout but dont like to see when I preview the page or make a pdf. So i normally double click the DIMS layer and uncheck the 'Print Layer' box BUT is there an edit I can make to my script to do this automatically so I dont need to do it each time I create a document. #lazy

- Gareth

TOPICS
How to , Print , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Hi @garethgoneawol, try this.

app.activeDocument.layers.add ({name: 'Dims', layerColor: UIColors.yellow, printable: false});

You can find other properties of Layer here

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the script

#target indesign app.activeDocument.layers.add ({name: 'Images', layerColor: UIColors.magenta});
app.activeDocument.layers.add ({name: 'Copy', layerColor: UIColors.lightBlue}); app.activeDocument.layers.add ({name: 'Brand', layerColor: UIColors.red}); app.activeDocument.layers.add ({name: 'Dims', layerColor: UIColors.yellow}); app.activeDocument.layers.item('Layer 1').remove();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @garethgoneawol, try this.

app.activeDocument.layers.add ({name: 'Dims', layerColor: UIColors.yellow, printable: false});

You can find other properties of Layer here

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines