• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Scripts for repetitive tasks for InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I make Adobe InDesign templates and sell them on Adobe Stock Market.

There are a lot of repetitive tasks in the work process itself, so I would like to know if you would recommend a script that would make my work easier and faster?

Thanks a lot in advance for the answers.

Greetings,
Boris

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely depends on what you want to automate. Peter Kahrel has written a bunch that are available for free here: https://creativepro.com/files/kahrel/indesignscripts.html

There's also this repository: https://redokun.com/blog/indesign-scripts

Or there are bespoke, custom solutions. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are asking "what is the best way to get from point A to B" 😉 without specifying location of points A & B, when, if you are alone or you need to move a whole soccer team, etc. 😉 

You need to give more information - do you need to automate texts, graphics, importing elements, exporting, colors, etc. and what platform. 

Can automate anything - as long as it doesn't require A.I.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Furthering the brilliant collections shared by @brianp311 if you want to discuss any specific use case that you don't see catered in any of the scripts then do share it with us. There are many scripters that frequent these forums, you will get great suggestion on how to go about your scenario.

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines