• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrollable Text Frames - InDesign CC 2017

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it no longer possible to create a scrollable text frame for an E-Publication? If so, why not?

Is there something I need to subscribe to or a plug-in that I must download? I can paste content into a frame and check all of the requisite boxes to create the scrollable frame but it does not seem to work when I export/publish online.

I am looking to create something like this: Scrolling Text Frame - Adobe InDesign and DPS - YouTube

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

http://ajarproductions.com/blog/2015/12/08/universal-scrolling-frames-for-indesign/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a DPS nicety that is not yet available in EPUB3

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://ajarproductions.com/blog/2015/12/08/universal-scrolling-frames-for-indesign/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know that, Bob! Thanks!

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed this plugin but when I want to run the plugin, Indesign says this. Anyone who knows how to solve this problem..Schermafbeelding 2018-06-19 om 17.12.14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact the developer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can install it with Anastasiy's Extension Manager
http://www.anastasiy.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The YouTube video you shared a link to is an older version of InDesign where at the time, digital publications were handled with a set features linked with DPS (Digital Publication Suite).

DPS has been depreciated for a while now (I miss it!) and replaced by ePub format which is compatible with a much wider range of devices as DPS was.

Additional features are being developed for the next rollout of ePub3 standard. Scrollable frames is in my wish list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this info. I'm trying to create a scrollable frame in InDesign 2022 and the old method for DPS is not working. I was wondering if the Ajar extension was the only way to do it now for an ePub.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*CC 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes and you were right the first time. It's InDesign 2022. The CC was dropped serveral years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why the 'Overlays' panel is there at all in CC 2017. What is the point if you can't use any of the options? The solution is as Bob suggested. I downloaded it today and it worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is used for AEM Mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines