• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrubby zoom on InDesign doesn't work but does in Illustrator and Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm just hoping someone can explain why scrubby/animated zoom works for me in Illustrator and Photoshop but never has worked for me in InDesign since it was introduced. I'm on ID2020 now and was hoping it would work with the new release but no.

What doesn't make sense is if my GPU is good enough for PS and AI why isn't it good enough for ID?

I don't even have the GPU Performance option in ID preferences.

Any ideas anyone?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animated zoom is in InDesign 2020 (and 2019) as is GPU Performance, but it is available only if your display supports it. Tell us about your hardware.

Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 9.11.04 AM.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb, yep I'm aware it's available but it doesn't work on my machine, an HP Spectre x360. I don't even have the GPU Performance option in my preferences. My question is, why does it work in PS and AI? Why are the GPU requirements for ID so different?

ID-Preferences.jpgID-Specs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Barb described is Mac only. Not that I think it will do any good but you can upvote it here:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/31872184-gp...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob, can't believe that PS and AI teams make it available on Windows but the ID team doesn't. Wish they'd talk to each other and have some continuity between apps and platforms!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty much a hot mess on Mac, anyway and it's not my biggest beef which remains the absolute garbage UI scaling on Windows. It's still based on technology from Windows Vista.

Illustrator's UI scaling is far superior as is Photoshop's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have this issue. I'm using a new macbook pro with the m1 max and 32 gb of hardware and scrubby zoom still doesn't work with indesign but works pretty much flawlessly in ai and ps. It's very annoying and slows my work down significantly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines