Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SDKSamples: Includes are not found

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need some help as a newcomer to the SDK.
I have opened the sample solution (\build\win\prj\SDKSamples.sln) in VisualStudio 2019 in the current SDK (plugin_sdk_050).
I can compile the solution (probably because of the PreCompiled headers) - but in the IDE all "#Includes" are shown as not loadable. They cannot be found.

AIck_0-1648628325280.png

Did I miss any hint in the docs? Do I have to set some environment variable?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Anreas

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Below is a screenshot of my "VC++ Directories", where you'll need to replace "..\plugin_sdk_17.2.0.18\" with the path where your SDK is installed.

Very best regards,

Olivier

2022-03-30_11-17-23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is a screenshot of my "VC++ Directories", where you'll need to replace "..\plugin_sdk_17.2.0.18\" with the path where your SDK is installed.

Very best regards,

Olivier

2022-03-30_11-17-23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Olivier,

I was hoping there was a more elegant "special" way than adding each directory individually.... 😉

Thanks

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not miss anything, if the plugin compiles fine then ignore the red wavy lines the IDE shows, the intellisense of VS does not work properly with InDesign plugin projects. I quote the following from the SDK guides

IntelliSense

IntelliSense has never worked very well for InDesign code, and you may find that IntelliSense red squiggles appear under nearly every InDesign type or API, despite your project compiling successfully.

To disable the squiggles:

1. Go to Tools > Options.
  2. In the options dialog, in the left pane, expand "Text Editor" and then expand "C/C++".
  3. Click on "Advanced" under "C/C++".
  4. In the right pane, scroll down until you see the "IntelliSense" section.
  5. Select "Disable Squiggles" and change its value to True.
  6. Click OK.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan,

Thanks for this hint.

But in my case it seems that it's not only a issue with the "Squiggles". If I try to open the include file via the context menu Visual Studio is unable to find the header file. And yes - I'm able to build the projekt 😉

best regards
Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In such a case did you try what Oliver mentioned? That should probably fix it. However, I would like to ask if you did move around the project file shipped with the SDK? The project is set mostly with relative paths so moving around the projects causes lots of headaches to fix.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, adding each directory like Olivier mentioned helped me. The squiggles are gone.

No - I did not moved the files around. It's just extracted the zip to c:\plugin_sdk_050

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just one more info: it seems the the build process is using all those *.rsp files with all the necessary include directories in the projects. I think that this is the reason why I can build the addins. 

AIck_0-1648720034811.png

But it seems that IntelliSense did not use these definition files... 

best regards

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines