Search: Why is there only "all documents" and "documents" in my search range?

Contributor ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I chose text, not objects.

It is strange that my ID CC 2022 only has "All Documents" and "Documents" in the search scope.
This situation will only happen under Grep.
After I restarted the ID, it was OK.

I try to create a new document, and the same situation will happen.
I tried to restore preferences by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift, but it still didn't solve it..

6646-11.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Performance , Server developers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, when you say you "chose text," does that mean you selected some individual text using the Type tool? If you selected the text frame only, you won't get the option for "Selection." 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @dublove:

Based on your screen shot—with the word "search" selected—you should see four options under the GREP tab: Document, All Documents, Story, To End of Story. Like you, I think this is a preferences issue. Try rebuilding the cache/prefs as per the second half of this post:
https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines