• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Second Indent Bullet Paragraph Style

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to create a paragraph style for bullet where if I tab at the beginning of a new bullet line, it will push over to a second level bullet that is a different bullet style from the first to create some variation. I have tried and can't figure out how to do it. I attached an example of the bullet list i'm trying to create. Is this possible to create in styles?

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

InDesign bullet lists won't work like MS Word's. You will need a separate paragraph style for each level.

You can set the next paragraph setting in the paragraph style or assign keyboard shortcuts to the styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign bullet lists won't work like MS Word's. You will need a separate paragraph style for each level.

You can set the next paragraph setting in the paragraph style or assign keyboard shortcuts to the styles.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you! Can you tell me a little more in depth how to set the different paragraph style to apply when i tab over? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key point here is you DON'T tab at all. The second more indented paragraph style will just have a larger left indent value than the first to push it farther to the right. Hopefully that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I wasn't clear. You won't be able to tab to your other style.

• You can have the style change automatically when you type a return.
  • You can manually change the style in the Paragraph Styles panel.
  • You can use the Quick Apply feature.
  • You can assign keyboard shortcuts.

The quick apply feature will probably be the closest to what you want to achieve.  

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh ok I understand. Thank you for explaining!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines