Select entire table, reapply formatting of cell styles

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Is there a way to select an entire table or bunch of cells in a table and reapply the cell styles that were applied to the cells. The tables are imported from an excel document. I have found that sometimes i need to reapply cell styles that I have created to each cell individually so as wondering whether there is an option somewhere to select the entire table and reapply cell styles.

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select an entire table: click on the top left corner of the table.

Select a row: click on the left side of the first cell in the row

Select a column: click the top side of the column's first cell

Select some block of cells: click and drag

P.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually use Cntl-Alt-A or Cmd-Opt-A to select the table.

If you used table and cell styles, you could remove overrides with the panels. Some default cell styles can be applied automatically with table styles. 

David Creamer
Adobe Certified Instructor, Adobe Certified Professional, and Adobe Certified Expert (since 1995)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! What generally happens is that within the table, some styles have strokes and others dont, so when I apply a style to a cell that has a stroke, and then apply a style to a cell next to that cell that doesnt have a stroke, the cell with the stroke disappears and i need to restyle it again using cell styles (not sure if that makes sense). So ideally i would be able to apply all of the styles to the table, and then select the entire table and reapply the styles. The panel you are referring to doesn't seem to pick up the missing stroke, as described above, as an 'override' of the cell style.

Thanks for the help!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cell styles won't show up as overrides since it is assumed you created them and used them on purpose. Overrides would apply to setting performed with the Control panel, the Table panel (not to be confused with the Table Styles panel), the Table Options menu, or the Cell Options menu.

To remove the Cell style from a table (with a Table style applied), select the cells and select [None] from the Cell Styles panel.

David Creamer
Adobe Certified Instructor, Adobe Certified Professional, and Adobe Certified Expert (since 1995)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines