• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting Tool Not working

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am having issues with selecting text in my indesign. I use the cloud version have unistalled, reinstalled, reset preferences, etc... 

When i start selecting from either direction it doesnt select it all correctly.. for example the screen shot attached I started selecting on the word WYOMING starting with the G, when i lifed my finger on mouse it only selected what is in purple... any suggestions what is happening?

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @andread53584155:

1. What version of InDesign?
  2. What operating system?
  3. How did you reset preferences, exactly?
  4. Is there a baseline shift applied to the words (a positive or negative value)?
        bs.png

In the meantime, can you use the keyboard to make the selection? Click on the G in Wyoming and use Shift+arrow key to highlight what you want to modify? Or select using Story Editor?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb, using 17.0.1, Macbook Pro running in OS Montery. I use Indesign from creative cloud. 

This is what I tried, and many restarting of the computer. 

IReset InDesign Preferences – hold down Shift+Option+Command+Controlwhile starting InDesign, click “Yes” to delete preference files. ... Seemed like various things had been tried by people, but the one that had the most success was to reset the InDesign preferences.

I also have an issue with naming files. When i start typing the file name i want it saved as (and this is for any and all files) the file type is added again automitically and i have to rename. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be helpful to give us more information: Are you new to using InDesign? Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using. Does this only happen with one InDesign file, or with every file you try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, please see above. I am not new to IND. It seems to happen in indesign only. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @andread53584155:

That is just the first step in resetting preferences. Try working to the end of this post and let us know if it makes a difference.
https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. I would like to know if the steps suggested in the third-party help article shared above by @Barb Binder help resolve the issue? If not, I would request you to share a few more details like:

• Could you please share the document, including the links, with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link here or via DM. We will check it at our end.
  • Screenshot of the layer panel.
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Did you use the CC Cleaner tool to uninstall the app?

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines