• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selection Tool Not Moving Objects but Moves Frames and Text

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create an object with the object tool, I am not able to drag/move it around anymore unless I click right on the line of said object. But if I make an object with the frame tool or text box, the selection tool works just fine. What am I doing wrong?

I have tried to reset the preferences, that did nothing. I found a post on here telling me to delete certain files (I have a MacBook Pro), I did that as well, it did nothing. This has been going on for a month or and it's incredibly frustrating. 

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. It's a pain in the neck. Geometric shapes (as opposed to shapes drawn with one of the frame tools) which have no fill can only be moved by grabbing the edge or the center dot. It's been that way forever and eventually you just get used to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Abigail23060475bz5e:

Actually, that is the expected behavior of an unassigned frame, drawn with the Rectangle tool.

When you draw an unassigned frame, the default is thin black stroke but no fill. That means that the frame is empty in the middle so if you try to select it by clicking inside (as you would with a Text frame or Graphic frame) you'll click right through it to the page.

You could assign white to the fill and then you can select it from the middle, but I suggest getting used to just selecting it from the edge.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines