• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Self-Referential Forms

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Say I create a form in InDesign that has a textbox named "Sponsor" and then export it as an interactive PDF.  Is there a way to take that "Sponsor" value (after it was input) and insert it into a paragragh somewhere else in the form, say on blur?  Like if I was creating a photographic release, and someone types their name in the form and then their name appears down in the legalese stuff.

TOPICS
EPUB , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said in your other posting, you need to ask for what can be done in Acrobat rather than InDesign. It would probably require scripting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could have sworn that I typed this in the Acrobat Community.  Would it have dumped me over here because it has the same title?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I look at the top of this page, we are in the InDesign forum. Maybe you had two windows open in your browser, and posted in the wrong window?

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 3.55.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep, I see that.  Apparently when I started typing the title, I clicked on my previous title and it pulled me right back into the InDesign community (I just did it again to test).  So sorry for the spam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries. Mistakes happen. Have a good day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you like me to move it to the Acrobat forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not necessary, I posted in the proper forum... finally.  Thank you for being so helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines