• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selfmade Library suddenly empty

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My collegue made a library to built a catalogue with, this worked perfectly. Now a year later, i want to open this library again (even saved as a back-up) and it's totally empty (grey). What can i do to make it come back? There is no possibility that it was all erased and building this library (lay-outs) again would only be a possibilty if there's no way that it can come back. Anyone? 

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There could be two kinds of libraries that can contain conents for InDesign — File > New > Library can contain InDesign objects. Or you could be talking about Creative Cloud Libraries.

I'm assuming you mean the first. Any file (InDesign document, InDesign template or an InDesign library can get corrupted. I'm guessing that is what happened. If that is the case, only going back to your backup files (you keep backups, right?) would allow you to recover it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did say you saved a backup but it could have been corrupted before you saved the backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, sorry for the late reply! The backup file is also empty... I tried to start all over to create a new library (with templates) and saved it in a correct way. Two days later I open the new one and it's also empty. What is is that I do wrong? I doesn't seem logical that a file/lay-out saved as a library (not in the cloud) is suddenly deleted? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Library is just a file - it should be stored on  your computer. 

Are you sure you're opening it in InDesign?
Can you share some screenshots of your workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Allison23888709qe95 , Just to follow up on Steve’s question, are you referring to the CC Libraries panel or a named Library document? Here’s a saved library document on the left, and the CC Libraries panel on the right—the CC Libraries panel cannot be renamed

Screen Shot 13.png

If you are working with a saved Library document make sure you have Show All selected in the flyout menu

Screen Shot 11.pngScreen Shot 12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rob, thanks for replying! I was referring to a named Library document.  Unfortunately the library couldn't be saved so i had to create a brand new lay-out. Have a nice day! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines