• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share For Reivew - empty/ghost drop-down box?

Participant ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I open a document, InDesign ghost-opens the "Share for Review" box, but it's litterally empty and it's under the workspacebutton instead of the share button.

ZebraJamie_0-1660602251320.png

If I want to access anything under this ghost-menu, like my swatches or paths, I have to click in the scratch area to make the box dissapear. Not a huge problem, but it's really annoying, especially when deadline-stress piles up. Everything is updated (windows, InDesign, etc.).

Since I will never ever share anything from InDesign in this manner, is there a way to turn this sharing "feature" off?

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Hi @Zebra Jamie ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the steps shared below:

1. Sign-out of InDesign and Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app.
  2. Close CoreSync and all Adobe-related processes from the Task Manager/Activity Monitor.
  3. Reboot the computer.
  4. Sign back in on the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app and launch InDesign from there and check if it still happens.

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Try resetting your preferences:
The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted all the preferances. It didn't work, but lost my workspace and custom shortcuts.

ZebraJamie_0-1660666693591.png

So if anyone else wants to try the magical "clear your preferances" to solve a problem, make sure you have a copy of the workspace and custom keyboard shortcuts saved elsewhere so you don't have to spend 30 minutes or more trying to remember how your usual workflow was put together. Or at least be warned that deleteing your preferances also deletes custom settings, and be ok with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Zebra Jamie ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the steps shared below:

1. Sign-out of InDesign and Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app.
  2. Close CoreSync and all Adobe-related processes from the Task Manager/Activity Monitor.
  3. Reboot the computer.
  4. Sign back in on the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app and launch InDesign from there and check if it still happens.

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this one worked for a while and didn't change/remove any of my preferances or settings.

But then it came back.

ZebraJamie_0-1661191574440.png

So I know how to clear this temporarily when the irritation gets to much, but it's not a permentant solution.

Since I'm contractually obligated to not share any of the work I create on this account with anyone other than our clients, is there a way to just turn of "share for review?" Turning off the feature will not negatively impact my current or future workflow and prevent future problems. Besides, the fewer superfluous processes running in the background, the better, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes -- HOW to turn off  "share for review" -- we don't need it, use it or want it. it interferes and i am so sick of it!!!!

the most annoying useless intrusive unhelpful 'feature' ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines