• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share for review: performance

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding InDesign becomes unresponsive for approximately 20 seconds after marking a review item as 'resolved'. There's a moment of interactivity, and then a further 20 seconds of unresponsiveness until I can edit the document again. Further interactions with the review panel involve another period of lag.

It repopulates with all of the 'resolved' comments each time. Each time, I have to access the filter tool to remove the 'resolved' comments. It makes incorporating edits a very lengthy and frustrating process.

The document has become 'decoupled' from its review version several times, which necessitates creation of a new document and distribution of a new link. This is frustrating.

Are there plans to improve the performance and robustness of this feature? My clients really like it, and it would be fabulous if I could rely on it.

TOPICS
Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of the OS & InDesign? Do you see this behavior with a specific file? Are there other users having similar concern?

I'd also request you to try the suggestions given on this community post & let us know if it helps to improve the performance of the app. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ashutosh

In running the latest ID (16.4 I think) on the latest Big Sur on a 16" MacBook Pro. The file is a ~500 page book. Other than an index, there's nothing especially complex about it. Share for review notwithstanding, it's fine to work with. I've rebuilt the book  from idml. I'm on a high-speed connection. InDesign goes to 100% of its CPU core each time I access Share for review. Thank you for the link - I will try the suggestions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines