• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share for Review Public link with Password asking user to create Adobe account instead of Password

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When sharing an InDesign document to stakeholders, do the stakeholders need a Creative Cloud/Adobe Account?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Hi All,

We have recently released an update for InDesign v16.4 in which we have addressed this issue. I would recommend you all to update and let us know how it goes.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When they want an INDD they need InDesign. 

If you export a pdf, which is the normal wworkflow, they need the free Adobe Reader. They can be opened with other PDF readers, but often not all functionality is supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize, but was referring to the ‘Share for Review’ feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willi,

jamleward is talking about Share For Review where the review is done in a browser.

Not with Adobe Reader or Acrobat Pro.

About the issue:

I think, that I saw a discussion recently where this problem came up.

The stakeholders should be able to do reviews without an Adobe ID, but currently with InDesign 2021 this feature is broken ( again ) .

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Share for Review feature in InDesign. Currently, the stakeholders have to have an Adobe ID (just discovered this).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jamieward It's a good question and I have tested this out. The viewer with a provided hyperlink can sign in with a Google, Facebook, or Apple account as a "guest" without an Adobe ID.

JainLemos_1-1629478763337.png

However, sometimes the features of Share for Review don't work properly unless they are signed in with an Adobe ID. I have had too many problems trying this with clients who are using various ways to access the document. I hope this gets fixed soon because I really love the idea of it.

Also, this feature now hangs up for me (Windows 10) whenever I try to update the file. I have to close the file, reopen, and then grab the link. We have a Share for Review bug request on uservoice if this is happening for you too and you can vote for a fix here (but you need to log in first, lol). Share for Review fails to update – Adobe InDesign (uservoice.com)

JainLemos_0-1629478570988.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble and inconvenience. In addition to the suggestion shared by @Willi Adelberger @Laubender @J E L, I would suggest you use the public link without a password. Also, this issue will be fixed in the upcoming release of InDesign; please stay tuned for the updates. In the meantime, use the workaround shared above.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have recently released an update for InDesign v16.4 in which we have addressed this issue. I would recommend you all to update and let us know how it goes.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anshul_Saini I've updated to 16.4 (Windows 10 Pro) and Share for Review seems to be vastly improved for me. I've been using this public access test document if anyone else wants to try out the tools on their various browsers.

Your work | Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that, @J E L. How is it performing now? Please feel free to reach out to me if you had any issues regarding share for review; I'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far it's been great, @Anshul_Saini. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, is it possible that this bug is back?

I just wanted to test the review system with a client but they are redirected to a Adobe Login screen.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should have looked into it more before posting, I've found the problem, I simply forgot to make the link public..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to reply to the commment you tagged me in, but I just wanted to share that after updating to v16.4 in InDesign on windows 10 I was able to share a public link with password for non-adobe users(guest users) and they were able to use the password and access the file to comment on. Thank you for sharing the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MatteLayer_04 So happy to hear this! Actually, it looks as though you did reply to the comment I tagged you in here. Yes, I'm so far not having any trouble with Share for Review in 16.4 and I am so happy as I love this feature! Glad you are also back in business. Cheers, Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines