• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share for review unstable

Community Expert ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to share a book project with the author using Share for Review. Works fine for me. He reports madly out of control scrolling (zips dozens of pages, if not to the start or end), and on two platforms and several different browsers.

Anything simple to look at here as a fix?

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢
TOPICS
Bug , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can he try different mouses?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would need to have specifics of operating system(s) and browsers. Is it on phone/tablet or desktop/laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Client is an extremely system/tech-savvy individual with an office full of different platforms. (NASA systems contractor.) Either he has the same buggy mouse driver/settings on all of them or it's something in the doc/interface. If nothing comes to mind for anyone offhand, I'll just pass on using the feature for about the fourth time. We have other collaboration channels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

I think, there is absolutely nothing you can do on your side.

Hm. Other than to convince the customer to not use Share for Review and instead use this other process, PDF Comments.

Window > Comments > PDF Comments

Or write a bug report and enhance it with a video that is showing the issue.

I've seen similar complaints here in the forum.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a bug report at InDesign UserVoice:

Share for Review - Critical Scrolling Bug with Large Documents
Matthias De Jong, November 11, 2021
https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/44428158-share-for-revi...

Shared video of the bug by Adam Malooly who commented this bug report at March 04, 2022:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOS-Ajl3qriAEOB_92g9l9CaVNxKGrdBeZFs4HDYn-XIg9sDawDHk30OADFZPax...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super, thanks. Good to know it's not some unique problem, at least.

Not sure the feature would have met the needs of this job, anyway; client is going to install ID so he can proof and edit in live.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me if I scroll. Wait 30 seconds for the document to completely load. Then click the arrow keys or skip to the page number you'd like to view. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a huge issue for me, it's embarrassing to send clients a broken document. It makes everyone look bad. Fix please! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no any Adobe Support employee here really. 

This is users forum, not an official technical support system.

If you wanna send your wrath beams directly to the support then use it Adobe Support Chat and add your voice to the bug report on indesign.uservoice.com.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines