• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share for Review, Update Link keeps crashing InDesign before uploading

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 10 InDesign files i'm using to build a large 500+ page catalog and 9 of them are working perfect with the new Share For Review feature. I have been getting comments and updating them and updating the link to allow the users to see the changes.

There is one file that keeps crashing anytime i try to update the link after some changes. It seems like it gets almost to the end of uploading the new link and then InDesign crashed completely. I am guessing it is something in the file but have no idea how to even begin the process of elimination to find out what it could be. Has anyone else had this experience and figure out what it could be?

I have already deleted preferences once and also moved the file to see it that works. Any other ideas welcome.

TOPICS
Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Thanks for confirming @Bee184 For sure, you can report it if it happens again. To identify the cause of the issue which is happening on a specific file, we need access to the file, that's why I asked for it. Having said that, in case it happens again, check if you can reproduce the issue on a different sample file and share it with us. We'll try our best to assist you with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and working on a similar project too! Super frustrating, this feature is awesome and I'd love an easy way to share these files with colleagues to review. Although for me, every file is crashing when I try to update or create a review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although the files still crashes on me, i double checked the pdf online and it actually updated. So even though the crash is upsetting, the pdf is able to be reviewed. Maybe give that a look and see if the same is happening with your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue-- any luck? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having the same issue with the crashing, but on a good note, the file is actually updating online for peers to review. It is really weird why it crashes even though it is updated online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same thing happening. The review is definitely updating online, but having ID crash every time is such a hassle and wastes a lot of my time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This is really unusual. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS & InDesign?

I'd also request you to share crash reports. It'll help us look into it & assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. 
The online file IS updating, even though the Lasted Updated in InDesign is saying it was not updated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue with it crashing InDesign and closing every time I try to update link in Share for Review, sometimes it updates the online link and sometimes it doesn't. I have done every possible fix that Adobe recommends including uninstalling and reinstalling InDesign & Creative Cloud Desktop but it is still happening. I send error reports

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Bee184 ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of InDesign & OS.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Are the files saved locally or on any network folder?
  4. Will it be possible for you to share a sample file?

We're here to help, just need more information. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CONFIDENTIAL

Hi,

I am running 17.3 version of Indesign and Windows 10. I have done a quick test of a different document & the update link seemed to work fine. However the document that I was having the issue with is confidential so I am unable to share with you.

I did try to save a different version of it and was still having the update link issue, the file is 655,920kb, would that be linked?

I have managed to successfully update the link this morning however the project is now finished. Should I report if this happens again when I am working on something new?
{Personal Information Removed}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming @Bee184 For sure, you can report it if it happens again. To identify the cause of the issue which is happening on a specific file, we need access to the file, that's why I asked for it. Having said that, in case it happens again, check if you can reproduce the issue on a different sample file and share it with us. We'll try our best to assist you with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. This has happened with multiple projects and files. Randomly happens after a period of time, though constant sharing. Indesign also starts to act weird so I end up restarting the whole machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Night_Chris_ ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of InDesign & OS.
  2. Are the files saved locally or in any network folder?
  3. Will it be possible for you to share a sample file?

We're here to help, just need more information. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign2023, OS 12.3, OneDrive

Unfortunately confidential work file and cannot share. Thank you for the help Rishabh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have same issue here, I use :
Indesign v.18.1
Mac OS Monteray 12.3

Thanks Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an unusual problem. I've experienced issues with this feature since it's inception. It freezes up the program when trying to share, when trying to cancel process (stays stuck at 99% indefinitely) it will say it's cancelling indefinitely and will not allow the program to close, ultimately requiring a force shut down or hard shutdown of my computer. If it does says it the link is updated, the actual link still shows the old version instead, The concept of this is great. The comments show up immediately in my program, which is awesome. The comments that highlight or draw are unreliable as they don't always show WHERE they are. This "feature" has been around for a while...why aren't the bugs worked out yet????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Cosmo1972,

We understand your frustration and sorry for the trouble. We would love to assist you further, we kindly request you to please share the below details. 

• Please share the version of InDesign installed on your machine
  • The details of your operating system
  • Please submit the crash report and let us know once you submit.
  • Please generate Adobe logs and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me.
  • It would be really helpful if you can share the sample InDesign file. You may share the file with me over a private message so that we can escalate the issue to the team.

We will do our utmost to investigate the issue thoroughly and provide you with the necessary assistance. Thank you for your cooperation in helping us resolve this matter effectively.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines