• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share for Review - where have all comments gone?

Contributor ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Client made comments on document, things like "delete this text" etc. I've made the ammends and clicked 'resolve' on all the comments (shouldn't that say 'resolved'??) and now all the comments have disappeared. The Review window is empty.

This page https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/indesign/using/manage-feedback.html says that resolved comments can be made unresolved. But I can't do that because I can't see any comments.

Are comments deleted if I delete the crossed out or highlighted text on the actual page? Or do these comments end up being listed as 'unmapped comments' (because the hook/link in the actual page is no longer there)?

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I tested this on my end on InDesign 17.4 and macOS Monterey and it's working so could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of InDesign & OS.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Have you tested this on the InDesign view and online view? Are the resolved comments not available in the app and in the online view? 

We're here to help, just need more details.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a better thread

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/indesign-questions-about-share-for-review-commen...

It turns out Share for Review has severe limitations, that make it almost unusable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines