• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

share indesign files between high sierra and big sur macs

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My collegue has created quite extensive indesign files in version 15.1 on a high sierra mac 

i need to edit those files using my big sur version of mac os  

is there anyway of installing version 15.1 indseign on my mac as my colleague cannot upgrade his indesign at this moment 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need for you to install CC 2020 (version 15.1). You can open InDesign 2020 files in InDesign 2021 and 2022.

i need to edit those files using my big sur version of mac os  

After you've edited, if your colleague needs to open your edited files, you can save them in IDML format.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/opening-indesign-documents-in-previous-versions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George,

just to add what Barb said:

If you find after installing InDesign 2020 on your machine, that InDesign is not patched to version 15.1, your colleague could copy the Adobe InDesign 2020 application folder and make it available to you.

Just zip and backup your personal Adobe InDesign 2020 application folder first, then remove the installed folder and copy your colleague's Adobe InDesign 2020 application folder with version 15.1 to your Application folder. You should be able to work on with version 15.1.

But do that after installing InDesign 2020 on your machine from the source Barb has linked to.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The link page Barb  suggested I get a direct download of 15.1  from Adobe support - which I did and it worked 

I'll bear the application folder in mind if I any more compatibility issues 

Many thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines