• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shared destination Hyperlinks don't work properly with Alternate Layouts

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I happened to notice this week what looks to me like a glitch with Shared Destination Hyperlinks.

At first, I would fully setup a document with Hyperlinks which work fine, and then create an alternate layout from it, usually to translate the file in an other language.

As I would create the alternate layout, the Shared Destination Hyperlinks set in the base layout would be copied as is in the alternate layout.

This would cause hyperlinks from the alternate layout to target the destination from the orignal layout, which well, is already a bug in itself if you ask me.

But the real problem then begins here :

I would create new Shared destinations for the alternate layout. But then, as I would set hyperlinks with the new shared destinations, i would find the shared destinations would actually always target the page from the original layout, even as I go and modify it in the destination dialog.

Screen Shot 12-01-17 at 11.19 AM.JPG
I would create a new shared destination to use in my alternate layout.

Screen Shot 12-01-17 at 11.26 AM.JPG

As I go and check the shared destination settings right after, it would be set on the correct page number, but would actually target the original layout instead of the current one.

In the end, the only workaround i could use was to set hyperlinks to directly target the actual pages in order to make them work properly, which let's be clear, then make the shared destinations totaly useless at this point if you happen to use multiple layouts like myself.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have the same problem. But in our version today setting a new destiantion in the alternate Layout is working. Still it would be wonderfull to have an option to copy alle hyperlinks and destinations automatically in the alternate layout..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines